Join Snooty on Saturday, July 22, 2017 from 10 am – 2 pm for this FREE outdoor event!
Join us rain or shine at the At The Bishop for Snooty’s 69th Birthday Bash & Wildlife Festival presented by Mosaic. This annual event will celebrate Snooty’s Birthday and promote wildlife awareness. The outdoor event is held outdoors at the At The Bishop (201 10th Street West, Bradenton, FL 34205) in the Plaza, in the Museum’s North Lot by the Manatee River and in front of the Museum on 10th Street West and is FREE from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. for all Snooty’s friends and fans. (Indoor admission to the Museum, Planetarium & Aquarium is reduced-price from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m.) Call us at (941) 746-4131, ext. 0 for more information. Find parking options on Realize Bradenton’s parking map.
The celebration will feature children’s games and Museum activities; free treats and juice for kids; opportunities to meet and take your photo with “Snooty” the Manatee Mascot; a print-on-demand photo booth sponsored by Teresa K. Bowman, P.A.; live music; and much, much more! And don’t forget to get your limited-edition Snooty’s 69th Birthday Bash & Wildlife Festival T-shirts — Children sizes are available for $8 and Adult sizes are $12.
Admission to the birthday party in the Spanish Plaza is free. All day reduced admission prices to the Museum, Aquarium and Planetarium are $9 for adults, $8 for seniors (65 and over), $7 for children ages 4-12, and children under 4 are free with a paying adult. (Additional admission discounts and promotions are not allowed.) Museum Members are FREE for all daily Museum admission – including during Snooty’s Birthday Bash
Wildlife & Community Exhibitors*
- Around the Bend Nature Tours
- Bay News 9 – Exclusive Television Sponsor of Snooty’ 69th Birthday Bash
- Bishop Animal Shelter
- Charlotte Harbor National Estuary Program
- Conservation Foundation of the Gulf Coast
- De Soto National Memorial
- Florida Forest Service
- Florida Sea Grant
- Friends of Oscar Scherer Park
- Historic Spanish Point
- Lemur Conservation Foundation
- Manatee County Government, Recycling
- Manatee County Humane Society
- Manatee County Mosquito Control District
- Manatee County Parks and Natural Resources
- Manatee County Water Conservation
- Mote Marine Laboratory & Aquarium, Mote Mobile Exhibit
- Myakka River State Park
- The Patterson Foundation / Suncoast Campaign for Grade Level Reading
- Pittsburgh Pirates and Bradenton Marauders
- Project Weather Activity Books from Bay News 9
- Sarasota Dolphin Research Program
- Save the Manatee Club
- Sea to Shore Alliance
- Selby Gardens
- Whole Child Manatee
- World Rowing Championship 2017 Mascot Scully
*Subject to change without notice
Check Out What’s Happening Inside the Museum During Snooty’s Birthday Bash!
Indoor admission to the At The Bishop is half-priced from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. on Saturday, July 22. Museum Members are always free. Inside the Museum, you can visit our permanent collections and exhibitions, as well as out current special exhibitions. These experiences are available with paid admission only.
- Sportsology in the East Gallery – The same science and engineering that helps us to create new technologies scan also help us to understand how our bodies work, and how we can improve our physical prowess. In Sportsology, you’ll have the opportunity to try a number of physical activities. You can see how well your body performs these physical feats – and have fun while doing it!
- Quilting with a Cause on the Museum’s second floor – This temporary exhibit, closing at the end of this month, explores how quilting runs through the fabric of life in America. The exhibit showcases quilts from the South Florida Museum’s collection and features quilts that showcase a variety of styles as well as lifetime milestones. The exhibit also explains aspects of early quilting, including how quilters used plant materials to make fabric dyes, as well as quilting styles, the intricate needlework used in quilting and how quilts were used to celebrate causes like civil rights in the 1960s and raise awareness about the AIDS epidemic beginning in the late 1980s.
- Planetarium presentations – During Snooty’s Birthday Bash, the Planetarium will be showing two shows on a continuing basis so that we can accommodate as many people as possible. Seating is on a first-come, first-served basis. The following shows will run continuously at these times:
Perfect Little Planet: 10 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.Passport to the Universe: 1:30 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Aquarium presentations – Similarly, indoor Aquarium presentations (manatee talks and touch tank times) run continuously from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. during Snooty’s Birthday Bash. The crowd will sing “Happy Birthday” to Snooty at noon, and he will then be fed his annual “birthday cake” made from his favorite foods – fresh fruits and veggies! As the Museum will be open until 5 p.m., while the Festival ends at 2 p.m., additional manatee presentations will occur at 2:45 p.m. & 3:45 p.m., as well as an additional touch tank presentation at 3:15 p.m.
- Museum Store – The Museum Store is open from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. for both Festival and Museum attendees. No admission required. Stop by to pick up your souvenir plush manatee, wildlife art, nature books and more!