Date(s) - 04/11/2018
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
At The Bishop
think + drink (science)
On the second Wednesday of each month from 7 to 9 pm, we transform the Bishop Planetarium into a forum for discussions at think + drink (science), a place where you can grab a beer or a glass of wine (or a soft drink) and learn about cutting-edge science in a relaxed, informal setting. Typically our “expert du jour” gives a short presentation on the topic of the month, and then opens the floor for questions and discussion.
- April 11: Cross-examining the Usual Suspects: The Seashells of Southwest Florida
Dr. José H. Leal received his Ph.D. in Marine Biology and Fisheries from the University of Miami. His love for shells and sea life goes back to his childhood years in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and continues today in his role as Science Director and Curator at the Bailey-Matthews National Shell Museum.
Purchase tickets online now!
think + drink (science) details:
- Cost: Museum Members – $3, Non-members – $5
- Refreshments: Beer, wine, soft drinks and snack available for purchase.
- Tickets: Paid reservations required; please purchase tickets online using the links below or call 941-746-4131, ext. 113.
- Seating: Seating is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis; please arrive promptly. Pre-purchased program seats will be held until 5 minutes prior to program start time ONLY, at which time they may be released for re-sale (no refunds or exchanges will be given after the start of the program).