Date(s) - 04/08/2020
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
At The Bishop
Our monthly think + drink / science program typically transforms The Planetarium into a forum of discussion. While we’re temporarily closed, we’ve moved our think + drink / science online! Our day’s expert will give a presentation and we’ll have opportunities for you to ask questions and add to the discussion.
- Cost: FREE — Meet us online in our Zoom Room!
Wednesday, April 8: Prehistoric Snowbirds with Rachel Kangas, Florida Public Archaeology Network
Discover the prehistory of humans in Florida and find out just how long folks have been living here seasonally. This discussion offers an overview of the entire history of humans in Southwest Florida until the Spanish arrived in the 1500s.
How to Connect
- How to participate: Click this Zoom link https://us04web.zoom.us/j/216481250pwd=VGFLY1FGUGMvSUVBV1VxSEcrbjUzUT09 just before 7pm Wednesday, April 8, to join our Zoom session. You will also need to know the password, which is 018367!
- You can also join by going to https://zoom.us/join and typing in the Meeting ID: 216 481 250 and Password: 018367
New to Zoom? No problem! Here are a few tips:
- To keep things smooth for our speaker and moderators, we’ll control some of the video and audio during the presentation. (You’ll still have control over what you personally hear and see.) If you’ve got a question, feel free to use the chat option that is available.
- You can also “raise your hand” to ask for help or ask a question by using Alt+Y or clicking the “raise hand option.”
- We’ll do Q&A in sections partway through and at the end to keep things smooth for our speaker and everyone participating at home.
- You can use your computer, a phone or a tablet to view the presentation. Keep in mind that available features differ depending on the technology you’re using.
- For more information about Zoom, you can check out how it works at https://zoom.us/.