The Bishop Museum of Science and Nature Reopening FAQs
What is The Bishop doing to keep guests and staff as safe as possible?
- We have enhanced cleaning and disinfection of frequently touched surfaces, including hand railings and restrooms.
- We have installed a glass barrier between guests and staff at admission stations, at the cashier station in the Museum store and at the information desk in the Great Hall.
- Staff members are required to wear masks and, in the spirit of partnership for all of us to be as safe as possible, we request that Museum guests older than age 2 wear masks, as well.
- We’re providing hand sanitizer stations throughout the Museum.
- Online reservations are strongly encouraged.
What are your hours?
- 10am to 5pm, Tuesday through Saturday
- Noon to 5pm on Sunday
- Closed on Monday
Is there a maximum group size?
No. We have eliminated limits on maximum group size.
What about restrooms and water fountains?
Restroom facilities are available and staff clean and disinfect them frequently. We have installed new bubblers that allow guests to refill water bottles, but water fountains will not be available. Guests must bring their own bottles.
Can I visit all areas of the Museum?
Yes! The natural history museum, The Planetarium, the Mosaic Backyard Universe, the Parker Manatee Rehabilitation Habitat and the special exhibition Battles of the Boneless — which features the the cool and complex lives of marine mollusks — are open.
Does The Bishop have any in-person programming?
Yes! The Bishop is hosting Summer Science Camps with limited class size June 7 through July 23. (Learn more about our new camp guidelines.)
In addition, our Stelliferous and IQuest programs are taking place in- person at the Museum with limited group sizes, masks and social distancing required for staff and guests, and other precautions.
KidSpace and think + drink / science are not yet taking place in-person. Instead, for now we continue to host them on Zoom. These programs include opportunities for Q&A and interaction with the presenters. (Visit our Events listings to see what’s coming up.)
In addition, we continue to offer our weekly children’s story time, Tales Under the Tree, on Facebook at 3pm every other Saturday.