Spring Break Science Camp at The Bishop
Give your kids a fun and adventurous spring break with The Bishop’s NEW Spring Break Science Camp! Curious explorers will learn about paleontology as they enjoy a week of games, crafts, experiments and The Bishop’s own exhibitions and resources.
March 15-19: “Fun with Fossils”
Unearth the mysteries of life in the past through fossils. How do fossils form? What do they tell us about plants and animals that lived on Earth long ago? Campers will enjoy games, crafts, a mock paleontology excavation and more as they uncover what paleontologists have discovered about ancient life.
- When: 9am to 4pm March 15-19
- Where: At The Bishop, 201 10th Street West in downtown Bradenton.
- Cost: Innovator-level and above members of the Discovery Society: $200; $250 for all others.
- Early Registration: Former campers and members of the Discovery Society (at Innovator level and above) have access to early registration from January 11 through 17. Contact Sue McCarthy to register: SMcCarthy@BishopScience.org or call (941) 746-4131, ext. 113.
- General Registration: Opens January 18. Check back for details!
Important Things to Know
- Payment in full is due upon registration.
- Campers must complete waiver forms before camp begins. Waiver forms can be completed through online registration process (opening January 18) or by downloading and printing the form. Download waiver form.
- Scholarships are available for eligible campers. Learn more.
- Registration is open until camp is filled. We keep a waiting list in case there are cancellations. Due to COVID-19, camp groups will be kept small. If there are enough names on a waiting list, we will open a second group for the week. Please e-mail Susan McCarthy at SMcCarthy@BishopScience.org to be put on a wait list.
The Bishop Museum of Science and Nature is taking steps to keep your campers as safe as possible, following these steps:
- Limiting group sizes to 10 students per group. The same staff will be with campers through the week.
- Facial coverings are mandatory for staff and students.
- We’re planning for curbside drop-off and pick-up.
- Campers will answer health screening questions and have their temperatures taken.
- Review our Science Camp FAQs now