Summer Science Camps at The Bishop
Give your kids a summer of fun and adventure with The Bishop’s Summer Science Camp! Curious explorers ages 7-11 can enjoy up to seven weeks of camp with a different science theme each week. Campers will discover exciting topics through games, crafts, experiments, The Bishop’s exhibitions, and other resources.
- When: Camp runs 9am to 4pm Monday through Friday
- Where: At The Bishop Museum of Science and Nature, 201 10th St. W, Bradenton, Florida, 34205
- Cost: Members of the Discovery Society at the Innovator Level and above pay $200 per week. All others pay $250.
Important Things to Know
- Weekly sessions run June 7 through July 23.
- Payment in full is due upon registration.
- Campers must have completed waiver forms before camp begins. Waiver forms can be completed through online registration or by downloading the Registration & Waiver Form.
- Scholarships are available for eligible campers. Learn more.
- Registration begins Tuesday, February 23 for former campers and for members of the Discovery Society at the Innovator Level or above. Registration opens to the general public Tuesday, March 2.
- Registration is open until camps are filled. We keep a waiting list for camps in case there are cancellations.
June 7-11: “Surviving or Thriving: Species Survival”
Discover animals that have inhabited Earth longer than people, some that have gone extinct in the recent past, and those currently on the brink of extinction.
June 14-18: “Myths, Legends, and Unsolved Mysteries”
Is Bigfoot real? How was Stonehenge created? Delve into myth versus reality as we uncover what is known about these elusive mysteries of science.
June 21-25: “Under the Ocean”
Discover the ocean’s diversity – from seals to sea stars, and from whelks to whales. What adaptations allow animals to thrive in marine habitats?
June 28-July 2: “Creative Chemistry” – SOLD OUT!
Have a blast with hands-on chemistry experiments! Make oobleck, slime, lava lamps, rubber eggs and much more.
July 5-9: “Exploring the Elements: Natural Disasters”
Earthquakes, volcanoes, and hurricanes, oh my! Discover various types of natural disasters and why they happen.
July 12-16: “Shooting for the Moon: Engineering and Space” – SOLD OUT!
How do we know what we do about the universe? How have we sent astronauts to space? Discover rockets, rovers, and other out-of-this-world engineering successes that allow us to investigate space as we never could before.
July 19-23: “Scaly, Slimy, Spectacular” – SOLD OUT!
Don’t let animals that crawl creep you out! Explore the life cycles and lifestyles of reptiles, amphibians, and invertebrates.
The Bishop is taking steps to keep your campers as safe as possible:
- Camp groups will be kept small.
- The same staff will remain with campers throughout the week.
- Facial coverings are mandatory for staff and campers.
- We will have curbside drop-off and pick-up.
- Campers will answer health screening questions and have their temperatures taken.