Summer Science Camp at The Bishop
Camp Registration is Still Open!
The Bishop Museum of Science and Nature is continuously monitoring updates related to COVID-19 and recommendations from local, state, and federal health officials. We are taking steps to modify camp to keep your campers as safe as possible, including smaller group sizes and taking temperatures at check-in. Should we unfortunately need to cancel a session of Summer Science Camp due to situations beyond our control, we will contact all registrants and either reschedule your camper for another week or issue a full refund.
Is your child in 2nd to 5th grade? Give them a summer of fun and adventure with The Bishop’s Summer Science Camp. Your curious adventurer can enjoy up to four weeks of camp with a different exploration each week. Campers will discover topics through games, crafts, experiments, The Bishop’s exhibitions, and other resources.
Camp runs 9am to 4pm Monday through Friday at the Museum, located at 201 10th Street West in downtown Bradenton.
Camp is $250/week for the general public. Members of the Discovery Society at the Innovator Level or above receive a discounted rate of $200/week. Additional Discovery Society campers joining in the same week are $180/week.
- Weekly sessions run June 22 through July 17.
- Payment in full is due upon registration.
- Campers must have completed waiver forms prior to beginning camp. To complete a waiver, register online below or download your waiver form here.
- Scholarships are available for eligible campers. Learn the details here.
- Registration begins February 18 for Members of the Discovery Society at the Innovator Level or above.
- Registration is open until camps are filled. We do keep a waiting list for camps in case there are cancellations.
- Due to COVID-19, camp groups will be smaller this year. If there are enough names on a particular waiting list, we will open a second group for that week. Please e-mail Susan McCarthy at SMcCarthy@BishopScience.org if you are interested in a week that is full.
June 22-26: Building for Motion
How do engineers move things from one place to another? Plan, create, and test labyrinths, launchers, movers, and more!
June 29-July 3: Sharks!
Need we say more? Learn why sharks are some of the most amazing creatures on this planet and how you can help them survive and thrive.
July 6-10: Camp CSI
Explore the science behind crime solving and try your hand at solving some mysteries of your own!
July 13-17: It’s Electric!
Explore the science of circuits, light and electrical energy and how humans harness them to save time and effort.
For additional information or to register via phone, please contact Susan McCarthy at 941-746-4131, ext. 113, or SMcCarthy@BishopScience.org.