Summer Science Camp at The Bishop
Is your child in 2nd to 5th grade? Give them a summer of fun and adventure with The Bishop’s Summer Science Camp. Your curious adventurer can enjoy up to six weeks of camp with a different exploration each week. Campers will discover topics through games, crafts, experiments, The Bishop’s exhibitions, and other resources.
Camp runs 9am to 4pm Monday through Friday at the Museum, located at 201 10th Street West in downtown Bradenton.
Camp is $250/week for the general public. Members of the Discovery Society at the Innovator Level or above receive a discounted rate of $200/week. Additional Discovery Society campers joining in the same week are $180/week.
- Weekly sessions run June 8 through July 17.
- Payment in full is due upon registration.
- Campers must have completed waiver forms prior to beginning camp. To complete a waiver, register online below or download your waiver form here.
- Scholarships are available for eligible campers. Learn the details here.
- Registration begins February 18 for Members of the Discovery Society at the Innovator Level or above.
- Registration for the general public opens February 25 and is open until camps are filled. We do keep a waiting list for camps in case there are cancellations.
June 8-12: “Camp CSI”
Explore the science behind crime solving and try your hand at solving some mysteries of your own!
June 15-19: Choose Your “ology”
Paleontology, geology, archaeology, zoology, ecology – scientists come in many types! Explore a different branch of science each day and see how real scientists work and work together.
June 22-26: Building for Motion
How do engineers move things from one place to another? Plan, create, and test labyrinths, launchers, movers, and more!
June 29-July 3: Sharks!
Need we say more? Learn why sharks are some of the most amazing creatures on this planet and how you can help them survive and thrive.
July 6-10: Geography and Mapping
How do we find the places where we live and visit? Discover the ways we navigate and represent the world we encounter.
July 13-17: It’s Electric!
Explore the science of circuits, light and electrical energy and how humans harness them to save time and effort.
For additional information or to register via phone, please contact Susan McCarthy at 941-746-4131, ext. 113, or SMcCarthy@BishopScience.org.