We unleash the awesome power of astronomy during KidSpace, where kids can become scientific masters of the universe! Join us as we take off from the Earth’s surface and fly to places humans have never been: the Sun, planets, other moons in our solar system, newly discovered solar systems in our galaxy and beyond. KidSpace is designed for grades 1-5 and their grown-ups, but everyone is welcome!
Budding scientists ages 2-5 can bring their favorite grown-up to explore and discover in the Mosaic Backyard Universe. Spark their natural curiosity through imaginative play with crafts, stories, songs, and more!
Science Sprouts details
- When: 10:30-11:30 am on the second and fourth Sunday of each month.
- Where: The Mosaic Backyard Universe
- Cost: $14 per child for members of the Discovery Society; $18 per child for all others. (Includes one adult to accompany each child.)
- Please note: Advance reservations are required. We cannot accommodate walk-ins. This program does not include Museum admission. Guests may purchase same-day admission for $7 per adult.Programs and Online Tickets
IQuest is a monthly program for smart, curious middle school students in grades 6 through 8. While each IQuest is different, you can always expect challenging projects and games that inspire out-of-the-box solutions to real world problems.
Due to limitations on attendance and staffing, attendees must pre-register before 11am on the Saturday the program takes place. We are adhering to social distancing measures during all activities and the class size is limited to 10 children. Masks will be required for all staff and students, and all students will be temperature-screened upon arrival.
- Admission is $5. Kids only — this is a drop-off program!
- Paid reservations required; includes a slice of pizza and a drink.
think + drink / science
Our monthly think + drink / science program is currently taking place through Zoom on the 2nd Wednesday of each month. During these forums for discussion, the day’s expert begins the evening with a presentation then we’ll open the floor for discussion.
The stars are the stars during this live guided tour of the upcoming month’s skies with a staff astronomer, who will talk about where our stars, planets and constellations are headed in our night skies. We’ll also share the most current events in the world of astronomy and open the floor for an always-fun question and answer session. Stelliferous is great for curious adults and inquisitive kids alike.