Budding scientists ages 2-5 can bring their favorite grown-ups to explore and discover in the Mosaic Backyard Universe. Spark their natural curiosity through imaginative play with crafts, stories, songs, and more!
- 10:30-11:30 am on the second and fourth Sunday of each month.
- $14 per child for members of the Discovery Society; $18 per child for all others. Please note: This program does not include Museum admission. Guests may purchase same-day admission for $7 per adult.
- Includes one adult to accompany each child.
- Advanced reservations are required. We are unable to accommodate walk-ins.
- Important to Know: We are adhering to social distancing measures during all activities, and the program is limited to 6 adult-child pairs. Masks are required for staff and all participants older than age 2. All participants will be temperature-screened upon arrival.
April 11: “Earth Sweet Home”
Join us for a celebration of our wonderful home planet! Learn all about what makes Earth a great place for life and how we can save resources by turning something old into something new.
April 25: “Beneficial Bees”
What’s all the buzz about bees? At Science Sprouts, we will become busy bees as we use imaginary play to dance, work, and sing about these helpful insect friends.
May 9 “Super Stellar”
Twinkle, twinkle little stars. How we wonder what you are? Discover the beauty and mystery of the night sky as we explore the colors, sizes, and patterns of stars through stories, play, and song.
June 13 “Simply Waterful”
There is nothing better on a hot summer day than water play. Prepare to splash, pour, and maybe get a little wet for this Science Sprouts as we celebrate World Oceans Day!
June 27 “Swirly Whirly Snails”
Finding lovely shells is a common Florida pastime, but what about the animals that make them? This week, we will learn about the lives of snails and get hands on with swirly, whirly snail shells of all shapes and sizes.