Virtual Field Trips with The Bishop
NEW! Virtual Field Trips allow your students access to The Bishop from the comfort of a classroom or home. Just as we do in a traditional field trip, The Bishop will bring your students closer to science and nature by sharing stories of place, life, interactions, and change over time using exhibits and objects from our collection. Get ready for some “aha” moments!
Sessions are 45-minutes | Available Monday-Friday (based on availability) | $100 for the first session | $85 for each additional session booked for the same topic on the same day
- Virtual Field Trips serve one class per session, including up to 25 students.
- One session is 45 minutes long and includes up to three content segments.
- Additional 15-minute segments may be added for $20 each, for a maximum 90-minute Virtual Field Trip (total cost: $160).
- Segments include Astronomy, Paleontology, Archaeology, Florida Ecology, Manatee Conservation, and Geology.
- The booking teacher will get the Zoom link and can forward it to any students learning from home. These students are included in the 25-student maximum.
- Up to three Virtual Field Trips can be booked for the same date (subject to scheduling availability).
- Virtual Field Trips must be reserved at least two weeks in advance. We recommend booking as early as possible to save your date.
- A non-refundable deposit of $50 is required to hold your Virtual Field Trip reservation.
- All programs are referenced to the Florida State Standards.
- Teachers participating in Virtual Field Trips are required to remain in the classroom and assist with facilitation for the duration of the session.
- Looking for a 4th Grade Core Tour? It is also available as a Virtual Field Trip. Just indicate “4th Grade Virtual Field Trip” on your request form.
Booking Your Virtual Field Trip
Gather the information you need:
- Name and address of school or group;
- Contact information, including phone number and email;
- Number of sessions needed;
- Grade level and approximate number of students;
- Date(s) you wish to book (we recommend being prepared with an alternate in the event your chosen date is unavailable);
- Preferred time(s);
- Chosen content track and segments of interest.
Complete the Virtual Field Trip Request Now
Please note: You are submitting a request for a Virtual Field Trip date; your trip is not formally booked until you receive confirmation from our Education Department.