Welcome Back to Your Wow!
UPDATE: The newly renovated Parker Manatee Rehabilitation Habitat is now open!
We’re excited to welcome you to The Bishop Museum of Science and Nature!
The health and safety of you and our staff is our first priority. It’s important to us that you feel safe and comfortable as you enjoy your time at The Bishop.
We want to let you know what you can expect. We are requiring masks for guests older than age 2 as well as staff and volunteers.
- 10am to 4pm, Wednesday through Saturday
- Noon to 5pm on Sunday
- Closed on Monday and Tuesday
The Bishop is a community gathering place and we want to provide the safest environment possible for everyone. Therefore, Museum staff are wearing masks, and in partnership, all Museum guests over the age of 2 are also required to do so. If you do not have a mask, we will provide one for each person in your group at no charge.
If you have a health condition that prohibits you from wearing a mask, please contact us in advance of your visit so we can accommodate your needs in a way that also provides for the safety of our other guests and staff.
WHAT THE BISHOP IS DOING TO KEEP YOU SAFE
- We have enhanced cleaning and disinfection of frequently touched surfaces, including hand railings and restrooms.
- In a partnership to help our community be as safe as possible, staff members and Museum guests over age 2 are required to wear masks.
- We’re providing hand sanitizer stations throughout the Museum.
- We are encouraging social distancing.
- Online reservations are strongly encouraged.
WHEN YOU PLAN YOUR VISIT
- The natural history museum, The Planetarium, the Mosaic Backyard Universe, and the newly renovated Parker Manatee Rehabilitation Habitat are open during this phase.
- We are temporarily reducing our standard admission prices during this phase. Therefore we are unable to accept any discount coupons or promotional offers.
- Guests are strongly encouraged to purchase tickets before they arrive, either online or by phone.
- Guests who need assistance purchasing their tickets online may call 941-746-4131.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE FOR YOUR VISIT
- Bottle-refill water fountains will be available. Please bring your own bottle.
- Bathrooms are available throughout the Museum. Please maintain social distancing while using them.
- An elevator is available. We ask that one group use it at a time.