Field Trips to The Bishop
Bring your students closer to science and nature as we share our stories of place, life, interactions, and change over time using exhibits and objects from our collection. Get ready for some “aha” moments!
Field trips are two-hour programs that include visits to The Bishop’s most popular exhibits, including the Parker Manatee Rehabilitation Habitat, and/or a show in The Planetarium. Only $8 per student! (15-student minimum)
- Field trips are offered Tuesdays-Fridays.
- Visits are typically scheduled from 9:45am – noon; alternative times may be available upon request.
- Schools have the option to bring lunch to The Bishop, extending their field trip by 30 minutes.
- Field trips must be reserved at least two weeks in advance. We recommend booking as early as possible, as space is limited.
- Group rates are available for parties of 15 or more. Field trips are limited to a maximum of 100 students at this time. Groups larger than 100 students will need to book multiple trips.
- A non-refundable deposit of $100 is required to hold your field trip reservation.
- Please note that museum passes and reciprocal memberships are not applicable for group rate admission tickets.
- Preschool – Kindergarten: one teacher or chaperone is required for every 5 students and will be admitted at no charge to the school. 1st – 12th grade: one teacher or chaperone is required for every 10 students and will be admitted at no charge to the school.
- Additional chaperones will be charged at the adult rate. All adults attending with groups are expected to stay with their group for the duration of the program.
- Chaperones must be over the age of 18.
- Programs are referenced to Florida State Standards.
- As a reminder, Field Trips are not designed to be a comprehensive tour of the entire Museum due to time limitations.
- All participants over the age of 2 are required to wear face coverings. Educators and Museum staff will wear face coverings.
Does your school serve a Title 1 neighborhood? Contact Education@BishopScience.org to ask about scholarship opportunities to support your trip to The Bishop!
How to book your field trip:
Gather the information you need:
- Name and address of school or group
- Contact information, including phone number and email
- Approximate number of students and chaperones (this can be adjusted as you get closer to your field trip time)
- Date(s) you wish to attend (we recommend being prepared with an alternate in the event your chosen date is unavailable)
- Grade level of your students
Add our Education Department email Education@BishopScience.org to your contact list so you can be sure to receive information from us.
If you have additional questions, please contact us at Education@BishopScience.org or call 941-746-4131, ext. 113.
Complete the Field Trip Request Now
Please note: You are submitting a request for a trip date; your trip is not formally booked until you receive confirmation from our Education Department.