How to book your field trip:
Gather the information you need:
- Name and address of school or group
- Contact information, including phone number and email
- Approximate number of students and chaperones (this can be adjusted as you get closer to your field trip time)
- Date you wish to attend (we recommend being prepared with an alternate in the event your chosen date is unavailable)
- Grade level of your students
Add our Education Department email Education@BishopScience.org to your contact list, so you can be sure to receive information from us.
If you have additional questions, please contact us at Education@BishopScience.org or call 941-746-4131 ext. 113.
Does your school serve a Title 1 neighborhood? Contact us about scholarship opportunities to support your trip to The Bishop!
General information about field trips
- Field Trips must be reserved at least two weeks in advance. We recommend booking as early as possible as space is limited.
- Field Trips are available Tuesday through Friday only.
- Group rates are available for parties of 15 or more only. A non-refundable deposit of $100 is required to hold your field trip date.
- Please note that museum passes and reciprocal memberships are not applicable for group rate admission tickets.
- One teacher or chaperone is required for every 10 students and will be admitted for FREE! Additional chaperones (we recommend no more than one additional per 10 students) are $10 per person. Chaperones must be over the age of 18.
- All programs are referenced to the Florida State Standards.
- As a reminder, Field Trips are limited in scope due to time constraints. Field Trips are not designed to be a comprehensive tour of the entire Museum.
Complete the Field Trip Request Now
Please note: You are submitting a request for a trip date; your trip is not formally booked until you receive confirmation from our Education Department.