BE A PART OF THE DISCOVERY SOCIETY!
As a supporter of The Bishop Museum of Science and Nature, you are a member of our Discovery Society.
The Discovery Society is a community of supporters who are dedicated to understanding the world around us, exploring Florida’s natural history and helping manatees in need. They also enjoy the Museum and genuinely value our role as an educational and cultural resource and asset to our community’s quality of life.
Please choose among the Adventurer, Innovator, Pathfinder, Voyager or Circle Levels to receive the benefits outlined below.
Or, if you would prefer to make a gift and NOT receive benefits, please click here to make a fully tax-deductible donation now.
Discovery Society Levels and Benefits
- One free admission per visit
- 50% off admission for one accompanying guest
- Reciprocal benefits at 600-plus Association of Science and Technology Centers (ASTC) worldwide
- Subscription to our enewsletter
- Invitations to attend exhibition openings and members-only events
- Reduced pricing on programs for members and guests
All Adventurer Level benefits PLUS
- Two cards with both heads of household listed on each card
- Two free admissions per visit
- 50% off admission for two accompanying guests
- Discount in the Museum Store
- Early registration and reduced pricing for Summer Science Camp
All Pathfinder Level benefits PLUS
- Six free admissions per visit
- Additional named cardholder — perfect for students, caretakers and grandparents
- Recognition in Museum’s donor newsletter
- Invitation to Museum’s annual Founders, Patrons and Supporters event
- Smithsonian Affiliate Membership benefits, including subscription to Smithsonian magazine
Your Support Means We Can All Discover More
Join one of our Circles of Support and provide curious minds of all ages a place to explore our precious planet Earth and the universe beyond!
All Voyager Level benefits PLUS
- Invitations to complimentary teas/lunches with senior Museum staff
- Recognition on digital signage in the Museum
- Complimentary admission to Museum programs and events
All Parker Circle Explorer Level benefits PLUS
- Behind-the-scenes tours
- 10% discount on facility rental of the Boardroom
All Parker Circle Trailblazer Level benefits PLUS
- Invitations to exclusive travel opportunities
- 10% discount on any facility rental
All Parker Circle Pioneer Level benefits PLUS
- Two tickets to the annual gala
- 20% discount on any facility rental
All Parker Circle benefits PLUS
- You become a Museum VIP and receive a customized Museum experience!
All Bishop Circle benefits PLUS
- Special recognition customized for you!
Add an Additional Named Cardholder — $25
For just $25, you can add an additional named cardholder to give them access to benefits. This is not a substitute for an additional membership and does not increase the total admissions per visit. This is a perfect addition for students, caregivers and grandparents. Cannot be combined with the Adventurer level. (Included with the Voyager level and above.) Limited to one additional card per household.
Plus-One Admission — $25
Need one additional admission but aren’t ready to jump to the next membership level? Customize your Innovator level benefits and above to suit your admission needs! This is not an additional named card member — it’s a mid-level increase of your total number of admissions per visit.
In addition to your membership in the Discovery Society at The Bishop Museum of Science and Nature, you will enjoy reciprocal admission benefits to select museums and attractions, as well as benefits from the Association of Science and Technology Centers (ASTC) Travel Passport Program, which offers admission to more than 600 museums and science centers worldwide, outside a 90-mile radius from The Bishop and/or your residence. Pathfinder level and above members also receive reciprocal benefits at 1,000-plus members of the North American Reciprocal Museum Association (NARM) nationwide.
Discovery Society members must show their benefits card and ID to receive reciprocal benefits to participating ASTC and NARM organizations.
Voyager level and above members have even more reciprocal options through the Smithsonian Affiliate Membership Program, which is like two memberships in one! Affiliate members receive a national membership from the Smithsonian, which includes a one-year subscription to Smithsonian magazine.
Replacement Cards — $5
This is a replacement of your benefits card only — this is not to be used as an additional benefits card. If you need a replacement, please contact Bonnie Goodman at BGoodman@BishopScience.org or call 941.216.3463.
Give the Gift of Museum Access!
Sharing is caring — so why not share the world! Give the gift of membership in the Discovery Society and be recognized for your contribution. Select the level that you would like to gift and fill out the form accordinly. You will get the recognition for the gift and the recipient will get to enjoy the Museum and Discovery Society benefits all year long. (Memberships are good for one year through the end of the month from the original gift date.) If you would like the gift recipient’s membership to start upon their first visit to The Bishop, please contact Bonnie Goodman at BGoodman@BishopScience.org or call 941.216.3463 to purchase a printed gift certificate redeemable during the recipient’s first visit.
Benefits are non-transferable (unless indicated as a gift upon registration) and good for one year through the end of the month from the original gift date. The Bishop Museum of Science and Nature is a nonprofit, tax-exempt entity. Benefits are subject to change at any time. To take advantage of special membership promotions or offers, current named cardholders must be within three months of membership expiration date.