Your Support Matters!
Here at The Bishop Museum of Science and Nature, we connect visitors to the stories and mysteries of nature and to each other. Connecting with nature and each other is more important than ever as we collectively deal with the crisis that is currently unfolding and affecting us all. We may not be able to stand shoulder to shoulder in a literal sense, but we are in this together and will get through this together. We hope that you will soon again be able to visit the Museum in person so that you can experience first-hand the seemingly little wonders of life.
If you’ve ever stopped to marvel at natural Florida as you walked through the Museum’s Pine Uplands hall, you’re familiar with the iconic longleaf pine and gopher tortoise (whose burrow is used by more than 300 other species) and the important role they play in sustaining our ecosystem. As we approach the 50th anniversary of Earth Day, we ask you to make a gift to The Bishop — whether for the first time, as a renewal of your membership in the Discovery Society or as an additional gift during this difficult time — so that we can continue to provide such inspirational exhibitions and programs in the future.
Your support will help us inspire future learners of all ages and, frankly, help us weather this current crisis, too. We rely on revenue from admissions to support Museum operations and have no way to compensate for that while the Museum is closed. Thank you for thinking of The Bishop during this challenging time.
Ways to Give
Support The Bishop’s Annual Fund
- Make a fully tax-deductible cash gift of any size now.
- Transfer stock
- Enjoy the benefits of membership in the Discovery Society – free admission, special events, discounts and more. Join Now!
- Remember The Bishop in your estate plan, ensuring that both the Museum and your legacy live on in perpetuity.
- Contribute to the Connect Capital Campaign and make an investment in our community. Now, through June 30, 2020, your gift to Connect will be tripled for maximum impact.
Inspire explorers of all ages by supporting The Bishop Museum of Science and Nature. As a supporter of The Bishop’s Annual Fund, you are a member of our Discovery Society.
The Discovery Society is a community of supporters who are dedicated to understanding the world around us, exploring Florida’s natural history, and helping manatees in need – who enjoy the Museum and genuinely value our role as an educational and cultural resource and asset to our community’s quality of life.
As the largest natural and cultural history museum on Florida’s Gulf Coast, The Bishop Museum of Science and Nature is known for its engaging exhibits, educational programs, state-of the-art Planetarium shows and manatee rehabilitation program. As a member of the Discovery Society, you support all of these. You also become a part of our Museum “family”— a passionate group of engaged supporters who recognize the Museum as a fun and engaging community resource. Your support allows us to continue providing discoverers of all ages a place to explore our precious planet Earth and our Universe.
- Sustains the Museum’s role as a hub for engaging programs and exhibitions for inquisitive visitors and students;
- Preserves the diverse artifacts and remarkable objects in our collections;
- Brings exceptional traveling exhibitions to our community;
- Provides care for manatees undergoing rehabilitation.
If you would like to support The Bishop’s mission, be a part of the Discovery Society, and receive a full tax deduction, use the button below.
If you prefer, you may mail your donation directly to us at:
The Bishop Museum of Science and Nature
P.O. Box 9265
Bradenton, FL 34206-9265
Or contact Senior Advancement Officer Declan J. Sheehy at:
941-746-4131, ext. 149