Experience the joy of discovery at the Tampa Bay area’s largest natural history museum!
EXPLORE the new DinoVenture experience, featuring life-sized robotic dinosaurs that move, breathe, and roar! OPEN NOW through March 18!
CREATE adventure together in the Mosaic Backyard Universe, built just for young children and their favorite grown-ups to play and discover!
MEET wild manatees in the Parker Manatee Rehabilitation Habitat
DIG IN to Florida’s natural history
TRAVEL the universe in The Planetarium — an all-digital dome with a state-of-the art projection system
PLUS our special exhibition Battles of the Boneless reveals the secrets of predatory ocean snails on the hunt for their next meal!
“Museum Pass” includes all-day access to open galleries, including special exhibitions, the Mosaic Backyard Universe, the Parker Manatee Rehabilitation Habitat, and The Planetarium. This pass does not include the DinoVenture experience.
“Dino Family Fun Pass” includes unlimited admission to Dino Don’s DinoVenture experience for 4 people through March 18. This pass does not include admission to the Museum.
- Our holiday hours: Closing at 1pm November 24 | Closed on Thanksgiving, November 25 | Closed December 24-26 | OPEN Monday December 27 | Closing at 1pm December 31 | Closed New Year’s Day
- Online tickets are valid for one-day admission and will expire one month from the date purchased if not used. (Admission may only be used ONCE.)
- You will not be charged tax or other fees on your purchase.
- Admission tickets are for general daily admission only and are not valid toward group admissions, special tours, programs, events or experiences that have a separate fee.
- Admission tickets cannot be applied to the purchase of merchandise or special event tickets. It may be applied to membership in the Discovery Society if membership is purchased within one week.
- Coupons and promotional offers may not be combined with any other discounts.
- The Bishop participates in several special discount programs, including Blue Star Museums for Military Families, the Bank of America Museums on Us program, and the Museums for All program.
- Florida teachers always get in free. U.S. military veterans receive free admission throughout November.
Location & Parking Information
The Bishop Museum of Science and Nature is conveniently located at 201 10th Street West in downtown Bradenton, FL. We are just 20 minutes north of Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport and 45 minutes south of Tampa International Airport.
Free street parking is available on 10th Street West in front of The Bishop for up to 3 hours at a time. There are also several parking locations available in downtown Bradenton convenient to the Museum, including the Manatee County parking garage at the corner of Manatee Avenue and 10th Street West.
Learn more about the changes we’ve made to keep staff and guests as safe as possible.
The health and safety of you and our staff is our first priority. It’s important to us that you feel safe and comfortable as you enjoy your time at The Bishop.
The Bishop is a community gathering place and we want to provide the safest environment possible for everyone. Therefore, Museum staff are wearing masks, and in partnership, we require that Museum guests over the age of 2 do so, as well.
What The Bishop is doing to keep you safe
- We have enhanced cleaning and disinfection of frequently touched surfaces, including hand railings and restrooms.
- In a partnership to help our community be as safe as possible, we require that Museum guests over age 2 wear masks. Staff are required to wear them, as well.
- We’re providing hand sanitizer stations throughout the Museum.
- Online reservations are strongly encouraged.
Planning your visit
- The natural history museum, The Planetarium, the Mosaic Backyard Universe, and the newly renovated Parker Manatee Rehabilitation Habitat are open.
- Guests are strongly encouraged to purchase tickets before they arrive, either online or by phone.
- Guests who need assistance purchasing their tickets online may call 941-746-4131.
During your visit
- Bottle-refill water fountains are available. Please bring your own bottle.
- Bathrooms are available throughout the Museum.
- An elevator is available. We ask that one group use it at a time.