Plan Your Visit
Tickets to The Bishop include all-day access to open galleries, including special exhibitions, the Mosaic Backyard Universe, the Parker Manatee Rehabilitation Habitat, and The Planetarium.
- The Bishop Museum of Science and Nature hours are:
10am to 5pm, Tuesdays through Saturdays | Noon to 5pm on Sundays | Closed on Mondays |
Closed New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, 1st Saturday of November, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
- Online tickets are valid for one-day admission and will expire one month from the date purchased if not used. (Admission may only be used ONCE.)
- You will not be charged tax or other fees on your purchase.
- Admission tickets are for general daily admission only and are not valid toward group admissions, special tours, programs, events or experiences that have a separate fee.
- Admission tickets cannot be applied towards the purchase of merchandise or special event tickets.
- Admission tickets can be applied toward a membership in the Discovery Society (membership must be purchased within one week of the admission ticket).
- Coupons and promotional offers may not be combined with any other discounts.
- The Bishop participates in several special discount programs, including Blue Star Museums for Military Families, the Bank of America Museums on Us program, and the Museums for All program.
- Admission to the Museum is always free for Florida teachers, Active duty members of the U.S. military, and U.S. military veterans receive free admission during the month of November.
Location & Parking Information
The Bishop Museum of Science and Nature is conveniently located at
201 10th Street West, Bradenton, FL 34205.
We are just 20 minutes north of Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport and 45 minutes south of Tampa International Airport.
Free street parking is available on 10th Street West in front of The Bishop for up to 3 hours at a time. There are also several parking locations available in downtown Bradenton convenient to the Museum, including the parking garage at the corner of 3rd Avenue and 10th Street West, and the Manatee County parking garage at the corner of Manatee Avenue and 10th Street West.
Planning your visit
- Guests are strongly encouraged to purchase tickets before they arrive, either online or by phone.
- Guests who need assistance purchasing their tickets online may call 941-746-4131.
During your visit
- Food and beverages are not permitted in the Museum. Water fountains are located throughout the first floor. Visitors are welcome to enjoy lunch or snacks in the courtyard or at the picnic tables in front of the main entrance as long as they clean up after themselves, but nothing should be consumed inside.The Bishop is conveniently located walking distance from Main Street in Downtown Bradenton where several local restaurants and eateries are located.
- Bathrooms are available throughout the Museum.
- An elevator is available. We ask that one group use it at a time.