Plan Your Visit
The Museum Pass includes all-day access to open galleries, including special exhibitions, the Mosaic Backyard Universe, the Parker Manatee Rehabilitation Habitat, and The Planetarium.
- We are closed on New Year’s Day, Easter Sunday, the 4th of July, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. We are also closed on the 1st Saturday of November, so that we can get ready for The Bash at The Bishop, our gala fundraising event!
- We are open on Martin Luther King, Jr Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Veterans Day, and the Monday of Thanksgiving Week.
- Online tickets are valid for one-day admission and will expire one month from the date purchased if not used. (Admission may only be used ONCE.)
- You will not be charged tax or other fees on your purchase.
- Admission tickets are for general daily admission only and are not valid toward group admissions, special tours, programs, events or experiences that have a separate fee.
- Admission tickets cannot be applied to the purchase of merchandise or special event tickets. It may be applied to membership in the Discovery Society if membership is purchased within one week.
- Coupons and promotional offers may not be combined with any other discounts.
- The Bishop participates in several special discount programs, including Blue Star Museums for Military Families, the Bank of America Museums on Us program, and the Museums for All program.
- Florida teachers always get in free.
- Active duty members of the U.S. military always get in free.
- U.S. military veterans receive free admission during the month of November.
Location & Parking Information
The Bishop Museum of Science and Nature is conveniently located at 201 10th Street West in downtown Bradenton, FL. We are just 20 minutes north of Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport and 45 minutes south of Tampa International Airport.
Free street parking is available on 10th Street West in front of The Bishop for up to 3 hours at a time. There are also several parking locations available in downtown Bradenton convenient to the Museum, including the parking garage at the corner of 3rd Avenue and 10th Street West, and the Manatee County parking garage at the corner of Manatee Avenue and 10th Street West.
Learn more about the changes we’ve made to keep staff and guests as safe as possible.
What The Bishop is doing to keep you safe
- We have enhanced cleaning and disinfection of frequently touched surfaces, including hand railings and restrooms.
- To help our community be as safe as possible, The Bishop is following CDC’s COVID-19 Community Levels guidelines. Please visit www.CDC.gov to see the current Manatee County Community Level before visiting. Masks must be worn indoors when Community Levels are high.
- We’re providing hand sanitizer stations throughout the Museum.
- Online reservations are strongly encouraged.
Planning your visit
- The natural history museum, The Planetarium, the Mosaic Backyard Universe, and the newly renovated Parker Manatee Rehabilitation Habitat are open.
- Guests are strongly encouraged to purchase tickets before they arrive, either online or by phone.
- Guests who need assistance purchasing their tickets online may call 941-746-4131.
During your visit
- Bottle-refill water fountains are available. Please bring your own bottle.
- Bathrooms are available throughout the Museum.
- An elevator is available. We ask that one group use it at a time.