The Bishop is now open! Learn more about the changes we’ve made to keep staff and guests as safe as possible.
We’ve temporarily reduced our admission prices. See the chart below for details.
|Members of the Discovery Society||FREE (Get the Details)|
|Youth (12-17) and College Students (with ID)||$16|
|Children (2-4)||Free with paying adult|
|Children younger than 2||Free with paying adult|
|Active Military||Free with proper ID|
|Florida Teachers||Free with proper ID|
|Museums for All participants||FREE with proper ID (Get the Details)|
Members of the Discovery Society, children 4 & younger, Florida teachers, Museums for All participants, and Active U.S. Military receive FREE daily admission (with proper ID). Other discounts may not be applied after online sale is complete.
Please note that The Bishop is closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Days.
Accepted Payment Methods
At the Museum: Cash, American Express, MasterCard, Visa, Discover, personal checks & travelers’ checks.
Online: American Express, MasterCard, Visa, Discover
Visit The Bishop Museum of Science and Nature where you can experience the natural history of Florida; experience the wonders of the universe in The Planetarium; enjoy our special exhibition Badlands to Bradenton: Lessons from the Field and see fossils discovered by local teachers on one of the Museum’s Nebraska paleontology digs; and explore the Mosaic Backyard Universe, our indoor exhibition just for kids and families – all under one roof! Enjoy a day exploring The Bishop – located steps from Bradenton’s downtown restaurants and the beautiful Bradenton Riverwalk.
- Online admission tickets are valid for a one-day admission ticket to the Museum and and will expire one month from the date purchased if not used. (Admission may only be used ONCE.)
- You will not be charged tax or other fees on your purchase.
- Online admission tickets include all-day access to open galleries, including special exhibitions, the Mosaic Backyard Universe, and The Planetarium. Please note that the Parker Manatee Rehabilitation Habitat is temporarily closed for renovations. We anticipate it will reopen in late spring 2021.
- Online admission tickets are for normal daily admission to The Bishop only and are not valid toward group admissions, special tours, programs or events that have a separate fee.
- This admission ticket cannot be applied to the purchase of merchandise or special event tickets. It may be applied to membership in the Discovery Society if membership is purchased within one week.
- Coupons and promotional offers may not be combined with any other discounts. The only coupon or promotional offer we’re able to accept at this time is our “blank ticket” print advertisement with your completed artwork.
- The Bishop participates in several special discount programs, including Blue Star Museums for Military Families and the Bank of America Museums on Us program, and the Museums for All program.
Location & Parking Information
The Bishop Museum of Science and Nature is conveniently located at 201 10th Street West in downtown Bradenton, FL. We are just 20 minutes north of Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport and 45 minutes south of Tampa International Airport.
Free street parking is available on 10th Street West in front of The Bishop for up to 3 hours at a time. There are also several parking locations available in downtown Bradenton that are convenient to the Museum, including the County parking garage at the corner of Manatee Avenue and 10th Street West.